October 06, 2016

What Happened in 5th Grade



I was always wanted to be someone else. Like they all had something I couldn't afford, Wealthy, Love, and Appreciations.
In fifth grade, I want to be like Inggit Narulita, a charming classmate and a humble neighbor.
She lived in a stylish modern big house next to my mother’s inherited (this could only mean: super dull) house.
Inggit was the only child that made it impossible for her parents compared her with anyone. I was the third child of a total eight and had a lot of reason to fight and finally to be compared.
Her father built a pretty little flower-full garden in front of their house with a garden lamp blazed every evening. While my dad was busy digging a deep whole in an open space beside my house making compost from the leftover or yellow leafs. Ugh, dangly stinky.
Inggit had her own room painted with pink and cute bed linen matched its pillows. Books weren’t allowed in her bedroom because she had separated study room. The study room was pretty awesome; I’ve been there several times for group discussions. She had this medium desk with cute table lamp and book storage above it.
Though, my room wasn’t that bad. I had enough space for sleeping and studying at the same circumstances along with my sister. Yes, we even shared the bed.
Inggit’s father bought her a brain supplement so he hopes she'll be good in school and shit. Its strawberries flavor! once Inggit shared her pills with me, she's super kind. I don’t even remember what kind of job my dad had that time, but he had too little money that he can’t afford me even a glass of milk a day. But like every father in the whole world, he’s still hoping that I could be good in school and shit.
At the end of semester, Inggit got the first rank in class and I was okay in the third rank. She's got a new pair of shoes while I got my parents widest smiles and two thumbs from each of them.
The next semester, we both jump down the rank. This time I got myself in the fifth rank, my dad still gave his right thumb though, it’s because my siblings had the worsen grade than mine, haha.
As always, Inggit passed me, she’s in the third rank. But shockingly, after school, for whatever happened inside his dang head, her father threw 'the new shoes' right into her face. She missed school for three days after that.
That particular moment, I know that I don’t want to be her anymore.
What's happened just too bizarre. Just because her father bought her (maybe super expensive) brain supplement and when she got failed, she's the one to blame? I mean she's the one who tried dangly hard for the grade, and her father the one who's upset? Dude, you need a bubble gum.**

It’s okay that I had too many sibling, that's how we learned to share. It’s okay that my dad wasn’t bought me that brain fucking supplement or milk whatever, as long as I eat vegetables and study harder. Its okay that our house really that dull, it wasn’t mine anyway. Its my mom’s.
It's all okay that I didn’t get what Inggit had, because I already had what I have. AND IT'S ALL FAIR.
We deserve everything that happened to us anyway (in a positive state of mind).

I don’t really know Inggit after elementary school. We’re now a perfect stranger. But again, I learn a lot from her, that amazingly made who I am now; the girl who proud of being her-dangly-self :v

SPOILER:


* her father was unexpectedly encounter her hanging out with a boy.

**image source: shutterstock
Share:

0 komentar: