February 04, 2017

Living Away from Home

It's Saturday and I got a visitor, my lil sister from Cibinong, she's an artist. She's been joining an art community based in Bogor which a couple of week soon gonna held an exhibition. So here she was, try to find some kinda inspiration. Though I was inspired too by her visit.

Have been living alone miles away from my family since collage I always feel okay with it. Nothing's wrong with warteg's menus in the afternoon and having instant noodles for supper. Nothing's wrong with washing clothes with bare hands. Sharing bathrooms with people. sewing a disjointed buttons, washing dishes after meal, what else? Oh, ironing clothes, task I really got lazy to do.

But then I realized something was wrong. It was a couple year ago, I was still a student  when I went out with my two elder girl friends, probably six or eight years older than me. It was almost midnight, we just finished watching a show when their phone rang just almost in the same moment. Yes, a parent call.

Where are you? 
What time will you arriving home? 
Be careful. 

That was the line they both got that I didn't. And that was cool, my parent never gave me a routine call though. Our family never had that intently connection. I was living in dormitory for four or five years in Bekasi, my parents did accompanying me to find my first dorm but never visit me after. It took only my graduation to have my mom visits my dorm.

Just a couple week ago my office friend told me that her father was insist visiting her dorm "just wanna see", and she somehow didn't like it. Well, I don't know if my dad do the same, I probably did not like it too.

Then I jumped to an assumptions why my parent never called or visited me:
1. They don't care.
2. They believe in me.

I took number 2 option just because I felt my parents assumed that I could take care of myself over here the way every adult did.
Share:

0 komentar: