August 09, 2016

The Teacher's Daughter


Recently, I was included as a member of a senior-high reunion group on WhatsApp. As I enter the chat-room, people are excited about it, they actively participate extended the chit-chat.
Otherwise, some people were not that exited. People who reading chat histories but didn't typed anything, people who kept quiet but secretly laughing out loud while reading, someone like me.
To be honest, my senior high period was not really that amazing. If  people said their best moments in life happen during high school, it doesn't happen in mine. You know what? Just simply because I'm the teacher's daughter.
I was cursed by that epithet during high school. My dad was teaching an extracurricular class back then. I've never taking his class anyway but some of my classmates did.
Its a common situation where (even a favorite) teacher have a bunch of haters. FYI, my dad was not passed a qualification as a favorite teacher, instead of he was one whom annoying.
For that matter, I've never felt like anyone would like befriended with me sincerely unless my dad wasn't their damn teacher.
You get my pain point?
Nobody remembered me as Uki, the girl with a weird smiles, or Uki the girl who awkwardly rise her hand in the middle of the class when nobody does. Me, Uki as myself.
I guess what they remembered was; Uki that teacher's daughter, Uki whose brother good in music.
All I want was just be a common student who also want to befriend without being remembered as anyone's daughter or anyone's siblings with a comparison as a plus. I was just want to be recognized as me, Uki, that ordinary fellow.
Well, anyway I'm glad that someone still remembered me and put me in that group. That's mean I still remembered. Maybe my classmates doesn't mean to treat me that way. Maybe it was just me who feel that nobody was really sincere befriended with me because I'm the teacher's daughter. Maybe it was me who's not sincerely giving my best shot to know them better, play with them some little more.

Ah, yeah, I guess that's what had happened.

Share:

0 komentar: